Friday, August 01, 2008

Worst headwind ever


This morning I woke up early and biked over to Layton Surf N' Swim and played racquetball for two hours. I won two cutthroat matches and lost a couple of doubles matches.

Then I biked to work. I was already tired and I had a vicious headwind starting at Centerville. I couldn't get out of the inside front gear. The wind must have been around 12 mph or so. It was bad. US Flags were fully extended my direction.

Then to top it off some trucker on 300 W was in the right lane at a red light. He wasn't signaled and I moved up along side him. The lights were all red in all directions and I was wondering what the matter was. Then he starts honking. I look over and he is hand motioning to me that he wants to turn. I couldn't believe he couldn't just wait a couple more seconds. I moved forward a little bit thinking the light was going to turn any second. It did, but I was annoyed that he couldn't have just been courteous and waited. If he had signaled that he was turning in the first place I wouldn't have moved up in front of him.

Worst ride ever!


30.3 miles, 1:58 total time, 15.3mph average

No comments: