Thursday, August 07, 2008

It's a long time coming

Finally I catch a break! This evening on the way home from Salt Lake, I had a tailwind of 10-15 mph coming from the south for most of the way. I didn't feel any wind at all and I was able to maintain a record breaking 21.0 mph the whole way.

The bummer about the ride is that my GPS is starting to act up. Whenever I hit a pretty good bump (trust me I avoid them when I can) or go over railroad tracks, it fizzles out and turns off. Then it takes another full minute or so to turn on and reconnect with the satellites. It happened three times on the ride and it's getting really annoying. I bought an extended warranty on it so I'm gonna look into getting it replaced if I can. But here are the stats:

Distance: 30.7 miles
Max Speed: 30.4 mph
Moving Time: 1:27
Average Speed: 21.05 mph

Best ride to/from work so far!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gordon,
My GPS sometimes does the same thing. I think it's just the batteries jiggling around and losing contact. This morning, I rode in to work, but before I left, I put a little bit of toilet paper inside the battery compartment to give it some more cushioning. I went over those bad railroad tracks in Woods Cross and North Salt Lake and hit some pretty good size bumps on the frontage road, but my GPS never turned off. Those same bumps have caused it to turn off in the past. Anyway, you should try that and see if it helps.