Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday evening ride

Left at 5:30 to go to SDRC to swim. I left later than I wanted to. When I arrived there was a sign on the door saying the pool would close at 6:45. I got there at 6:25pm. I wasn't about to use up a punch pass for 15 minutes. I was very upset. I was looking forward to a good swim before heading back. My GPS also ran out of batteries so I had to stop at a gas station and pay the crazy prices for some good AA batteries.

I called Eric to see if he wanted to go on a ride. He said yes, so I went further south west to his house. When I got there I was impressed with his bike. Very nice. We biked back north. This is the first time I've ridden with anyone since getting into it. I was surprised at how much a difference drafting makes. When he passed me up for taking the lead, he sure takes it fast.

The rest of the ride home went well. Not a bad workout:

Distance: 46.1 miles
Time: 2:27
Average Speed: 18.8 mph
Max Speed: 28.8 mph

No comments: