Friday, August 22, 2008

Biking to Surf N' Swim then to work

Woke up at 5:45 and biked over to Layton Surf N' Swim and swam 2 miles, then rode on to work. Last night I had some serious stomach cramping, and said a prayer that I'd be better in the morning enough to ride in to work. Well it was only a .5 on the pain scale. Barely even noticeable so that was great!

Here are the stats:
Distance: 31.4 miles
Moving Time: 1:46
Average Speed: 17.7 mph
Max Speed: 28.9 mph

Felt a little fatigued so I took a buzz bite in Farmington to give me some energy for the rest of the ride which helped. This morning I noticed that my quads sure look bad. They aren't very well defined, or flappy, just blah. Need to work on those.

Good ride although not very fast.
----------------------------------------------------------
At lunch I ran to the bank (1.20 miles) then when I got back I peeked in the Treadmill Room in the basement. I noticed they have a rowing machine!!! I got on and rowed for 20:51 for 5000 M. Man was I sweating. Great workout.
----------------------------------------------------------
The ride home was much tougher and slower. I had a headwind to deal with for the first portion. Biking home with the laptop on my bike sure is a pain. Not a fun ride but no stomach cramps, so that's good. Here are the lame stats:

Distance: 29.8 miles
Moving Time: 1:55
Average Speed: 15.6 mph
Max Speed: 27.5 mph

No comments: