Monday, October 23, 2006

405 Bench - Finally!

I had it in my mind to do 405 today!

Here is what I did today (at Brandon Mattson's Basement):
Flat Bench: 1 x 245, 1 x 345, 1 x 395, 1 x 405, 8 x 275, 10 x 255
Incline Smith Press: 2 x 8 x 175, 6 x 225, 5 x 225
DB Flys: 4 x 12 x 40
After lunch did
Flat DB Presses: 4 x 15 x 65 (fast)

I was happy with both the 395 and 405 lift. The setup on both I felt happy with, except for a little on my left foot. I felt a sticking point halfway up on the 405, but pushed through it without much pause. I exagerrated my pause at the bottom on both, just to make sure I wasn't bouncing. Please let me know if you see something I should work on to make it cleaner. I've definitely seen cleaner, but this is a one rep max so its gonna be tough.

The weights on the 405 were setup "ugly", that's cause the guys in front of me were doing 185. The weights included were 45 - 25 - 45 - 35 - 25 - 5. There were also a couple of 45's and 25's that were from a "heavy" brand, so it was actually slightly heavier, but I'll just average it out to 405.

Again, click the image below for the movie of the 395 and 405 lifts. Thanks to Cathi for her encouragement and support. This is just one milestone I've been aiming for the past year. Need to keep going, this isn't the end, but just a milestone. 

Warning: Turn down your audio volume, when I made this video I didn't realize how loud the volume was!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Gordon, that is awesome. It's nice to have such a buff brother.

Anonymous said...

Nice work. A 405 bench is something to be proud of. Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Good job, it must feel nice to hit that mark. I hope to get there there myself.
Jason