Saturday, August 09, 2008

Legacy Highway Trail

This afternoon I rode down to the Davis County Jail in Farmington and noticed the bike trail was open, but only after going 100 yards I saw that it was still not open. It was dirt road for about 200 yards, and then pavement. So I kept going. I ended up going all the way to North Salt Lake on the path. Then took Redwood from 215 down to Mom and Dad's house. I got some cool water refills and then took off south
again to North Temple and then out to 2200 West and back North on 2200 W.

Got back on to the bike trail which went back to packed dirt trail for like 3 miles! Went clear up to 500 S in Bountiful on dirt! It was bad. When I got to Mom and Dad's house my average was like 20 something, but then it went way down on that dirt trail. My GPS also turned off on a big bump once on the ride. On the entire
ride I did about 3 miles on dirt. I'm excited for when that trail is open completely. It will be much better than needling through Davis County on piece of crap roads.

Here are the stats:

Distance: 60.0 Miles
Max Speed: 31.6 mph
Moving Time: 3:12
Average Speed: 18.6 mph

Great ride except for the dirt trail part.

No comments: