Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Voodoo or Some micro-organism?

The last couple days I've had some pretty intense stomach cramps. Yesterday I went to be at 8:30pm. I was so tired, I just fell asleep on the bed without really getting ready for bed. That isn't like me.

This morning I got up and started riding to work. I had a pretty good pace. My average was at 19.9 mph when I hit 10 mile mark down in Farmington. Then I started getting some intense stomach cramps. I was thinking why I was having troubles. I remember drinking probably one cup of Deer Creek Water at last Saturday's Race. Could I have picked up a micro-organism, or is somebody poking their mini-Gords voodoo doll?

I turned around at the Davis County Jail and started heading home, thinking I would take a PTO day today, and go see the doctor. The pain was pretty intense.

Then I stopped and called Cathi. The conversation pretty much went like this. So I decided to just take the FrontRunner from Farmington in to work an just deal with it at work.

Thing that bugs me is the cramps went nearly completely away and I started feeling better. I only biked:

15.0 miles total
51:26
17.5 mph average (I had 19.9 mph average when I started getting the cramps)

I don't know which is worse, the pain in my gut, or the guilt from feeling like such a pussy! Hopefully I'm feeling better this evening and I can bike home fully.

----------------------------------
The bike ride home went so well! Except for the fact that I fell when at an intersection in Farmington. I tried shifting down last minute and then unclipped, but leaned to the wrong side, and down I went. Kind of embarrassing. No damage to body or bike. No major stomach cramps, although still minor tension:

Distance: 31.7 miles
Moving Time: 1:41
Average Speed: 18.7 mph
Max Speed: 30.4 mph

Excellent ride!

No comments: