Monday, May 22, 2006

Upper Back

Chest Supported DB Laterals: 4 x 8 x 30
Close Grip Cable Rows: 4 x 6 x 200
Lat Pulldowns: 4 x 6 x 160
Behind the Back Shrugs: 4 x 3 x 225
Standing DB Lateral Raises: 4 x 3 x 40
Military Press: 4 x 3 x 185

60 Crunches between exercises, Total of 300.

Today I had a slight headache to start, but I pushed through the prescribed workout to my satisfaction. Last Friday's table tennis was awesome. I played very well and I believe it is because I had two bottles of gatorade.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you do lots of ab work which is good, I was just wondering if you did much lower back to balance it out.
Jason

Anonymous said...

Not as much as I should. I don't like good mornings, but I like hyperextensions. What other lower back exercises should I do?

Anonymous said...

GM, supermans, and hyperextensions are the only lower back isolation exercises that I know of. There are a few posterior chain exercises that you could try. Pull throughs, Hip Extension on Swiss Ball, and SLDL are all good exercise. I know you do not like good mornings, I do not either but it is a good idea to do once in a while. I hope when you do your hyperextensions they are heavy. If you do not work your lower back the same as your abs you will run into back prolbems down the line because the abs will be too strong and your back will not be able to support the strengths of your abs.

Good job on your new PR.
Jason