Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Heavy Biceps work while being distracted with deep thought

Standing Preacher Curls: 6 x 115, 3 x 4 x 135
Top Half only Standing DB Curls: 4 x 8 x 35
Cable Concentration Curls: 8 x 40, 3 x 8 x 30
Close Grip Reverse Grip Pullups: 4 x 3 (bw = 240)
Alternating Standing DB Curls: 4 x 4 x 55

Today's workout went fairly well, except I my focus was more towards obtaining some height in my biceps. They are full and long, but the height is not good at all, so I looked through Arnold's Bodybuilding Bible for some tips on obtaining some height. Now I am definitely not a bodybuilder, nor a fully converted powerlifter. All I know is that I wouldn't mind some decent guns and mine are definitely not peaked. I get the impression that "looks" don't mean too much in powerlifting so I had to resort to Arnold a little.

I also had a deep conversation with Cathi about the topic of abortion just before noon. Not due to personal reasons in case you're wondering, but the topic came up and during the course of this discussion with her I realized that my believe system is "weakening" a little in that I am much less likely to believe in black and white anymore. There are tons of gray area and circumstances that cause me to believe less in absolutes. Anyhow, my mind was greatly off track while trying to maintain a good workout. I think this workout had a very small amount of quality and unfortunately finished just as confused as before about my own beliefs about the topic at hand.

I also did NOT get the burn I wanted, but I also realized this was supposed to be "Heavy" and not necesarilly working to get that burn. But I left disappointed a little nonetheless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hammer Curls, heavy and twice a week. That'll put some height and thickness on your biceps. Also try going to your preacher bench and loading up a straight bar and ez curl bar. Grab 2 dumbells also. Now do 6 full reps with the barbell and 4 half reps. Then do the same thing with the dumbells. Finally without rest grab the ez curl bar and do the same thing but only reverse curls. Repeat twice and work up to 5x.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Michael, I'll go for that next time I do Biceps.