Monday, May 08, 2006

Speed Work - Triceps

CGBP: 8 x 3 x 185
Floor Presses: 8 x 3 x 225
Dips: 3 x bw (240) + 25, 7 x 3 x bw
French Presses: 8 x 3 x 75
Lying Cross Face Tricep DB Extensions: 8 x 3 x 25
Jason Paris' One Arm Barbell Press: 3 x 8 x 45

This workout was the first time I left with a ton of energy and rather disappointed in that I really had to hold myself back in the weight and in reps in order to get quality speed on the lifts. I'm used to using 90% of my effort on each and every set so that I only could do one or two more reps, not ending with the ability to double or triple the reps. But the goal was to get quality speed not worry about weight or reps. I loved the fact that after the workout I was bouncing around with energy rather than being beat. Tomorrow I'll have to do legs as I want to be fully recovered before doing any upper body work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you gave the one arm barbell press a try. Any thoughts? Did you like them? If you try them agin they get much harder with plates on the end of the bar. It takes so much more to keep it stable.

Anonymous said...

Yes - they were good. I'm looking forward to doing more of them and with more weight. Too easy with speed work.