Monday, March 20, 2006

Mucho Muscle's Bicep workout

This workout came from Mucho Muscle's website

Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 7 x 105, 5 x 125, 2 x 145
Alternating Standing DB Curls: 3 sets of 7 x 50, 5 x 50, 4 x 55
Armblaster Curls: 3 sets of 8 x 95, 6 x 105, 4 x 125
Barbell Curls (Strip Set): 5 x 95, 10 x 85, 15 x 75, 20 x 65, 25 x 55, 30 x 45

33 Crunches and 20 flutter kicks between sets: Total 200 Crunches, 120 flutter kicks.

The Barbell Curls provided quite the burn. I also did all of these exercises slowly, controlled with a short flex at the top of the curl, except for the last exercise which was done kind of rushed.

I went to see the Chiropractor again this morning and bought a ball. I used it to do one exercise and then placed it on a piece of tin tubing used for air conditioning and it popped! I was so mad. At least I only paid $12 for it. I think I'll give the Dr. one more visit and then I'll call it quits. I only had one episode of pain with my lower back this weekend due to driving to Moab for Cathi's Half Marathon. With my high deductible plan with my Health Insurance I can't afford to keep going, unless its because of an overwhelming need to get some pain relief.

The hotel in Moab had a pool, but no weights at all which was extremely disappointing, so I have a little catching up to do. Today's workout was good and I got a good burn, but I doubt I'll be sore for days like the website claims even though I followed it to a T (except I replaced the Spider Curls with Armblaster Curls since our preacher bench attachment doesn't have a very good back end, plus there is a small rack on the otherside and didn't like getting a piece of metal so close to my crotch. So the 2nd and 3rd sets I replaced with Armblaster to get the same effect.

I also posted a question in the proper forum about whether the utah summer games competition is raw or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

$12 sounds cheap for a swiss ball. The ones that are rated for heavier loads (so you can do stuff like DB presses safely) are burst resistant, and usually a bit more expensive (in the UK anyway).

Anonymous said...

Apparently so. I just figured since I bought it from the chiropractor and it also had the Weider name on it that it would be quality. Guess not.