Wednesday, March 15, 2006

First time to a Chiropractor

Today I went to visit Mark Dudley a chiropractor that was referred to me by my Mother. He lives next to my parents. His office was downtown so it was convenient to go over. He said that the injury may not have been completely due to the squat or the weight I did, but may have been something that tipped the scale relating to a problem that may have started long ago. He used a tool to "thump" certain points in my back and had me do some movements as he made certain adjustments using his tool. He mentioned that my right hip flexor (I don't remember the medical term he used) was weak and that it also affected my range in my shoulder on my left. He gave me a couple of exercises to strengthen those small muscles that are triggering the problem.

I have another appointment for Monday. Felt really relaxed and loose after the appointment so when I got back I went right to lifting.

Today I did legs:

Romanian DL: 8 x 225, 2 x 8 x 275
Leg Press: 3 x 12 x @250
Hamstring Curls: 3 x 12 x 55

I did 25 crunches between reps: Total 150

Today I cut it short because I started to do DB Lunges with 40 in each hand and this experience confirmed the Dr.'s diagnosis. I could lunge with my right leg just fine, but when I put my left leg forward and tried to stand up with my right hip, I could barely do it. So I decided against agitating that hip any more. I did the Dr's exercises where I get into a lunge position and rotate my hip forward and hold it for 30 seconds (each hip). Then I laid on my side with my forearm against the mat, then push my hip towards the ceiling. That was tough.

Today also somebody put up a nice sign in the locker room on how to keep it clean, etc.... I love how people feel entitled to lecture others instead of just living life laid back. I admit the locker room isn't the cleanest place, but its not like I'm eating lunch off the floor. On the other hand the signmaker is right in that its very easy to put your stuff away and keep it tidy. I'm just not used to getting lectured by someone who is too timid to let me know who I'm getting feedback from. I've been living with the locker room the way it is for the past several years and I haven't felt the need to put up a sign. Now that people are actually getting off their butts its interesting to see that people are starting to establish rules and guidelines. I'll play along.

No comments: