Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Lower Back after work (Name that 2nd exercise)

Today I played Table Tennis with Bala and Kyle (I did very well) during lunch, and lifted after work:

Romanian DL: 12 x 225, 2 x 6 x 275
(I don't know the name of this lift and couldn't locate it on the web): I laid on my upper quads perpendicular to a bench and put my legs under a brace. My upper body bent down to the floor, I held a 35 pound weight against my chest and brought my back upwards so that my upper body was slightly higher than my hips and then bent my upper body back down for 1 rep. Please tell me what the name of that exercise is. I'm sure I've heard of it before, I just can't recall.

I did 3 sets of those with 35 pounds @8 reps

Seated Cable Pulls: 3 x 8 x 200 - On these I kept my arms straight and used nothing but my lower back to pull the weight back so that I was lying on my back and then brought the bar back to my feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.weightliftingdiscussion.com/hyperextension.html

is this the exercise you did? Hyperextensions?

Did you find out if that meet is RAW or Equipped?

Anonymous said...

Yes - thats it. I'm kidding myself if I consider the Utah Summer Games a "meet". I've never been to a meet, but judging from the results of 2005's games, I don't think it is widely attended. My forum posting still has gone unanswered.