Thursday, February 07, 2008

Racquetball rocks!

This morning I got up at 5 am, cooked up some hot oatmeal on the stove. Cathi and I had a romantic breakfast together. I then left to the South Davis Rec Center for playing Racquetball with Dan Harmer and his group of coworkers. Their website sucks, but their facility is great! Makes me want to move to Bountiful.

Played cut throat with Dan and one of his friends. Pretty close game. Played singles with the guy (I suck at remembering names) and lost 15 - 9. He had to leave so I played cut throat again with Dan and a new guy we met named Tim. He said he hadn't played in a couple years, but he was definitely keeping up. During one of the rallies when it was Tim and I against Dan I hit the ball in the backcourt with my backhand around Dan. Tim had looked straight back and I nailed him right in the face. It wasn't an overly hard hit, but definitely not fun. I apologized a few times. I felt bad. But at the same time, if you look backwards instead of using peripheral vision, you risk injury.

Anyhow I won that round. So I played for 1 hour 45 minutes and made several great hussle plays. Sweating profusely and quite aerobic. Great workout. Definitely going to keep doing this weekly. Plus I got to work at a decent time since I cut the traffic commute in half.

No comments: