Thursday, February 21, 2008

Legs very sore, but running through it

Canceled last night's swim with Cathi to help her fold the week's laundry. Plus I needed to get to bed early so I could play racquetball this morning in Bountiful with Dan and his crew, but I ended up skipping that when I woke up and found that my leg soreness from this week's squats had not eased, in fact worsened.

Yesterday I weighed in at 219.0 pounds. Which is a new record for me. I haven't been that weight for probably 10 years. Need to keep going though. I want to get down to 190. That would be the ultimate weight for me.

Today's lunchtime was spent in a Java study group so today's lunch break was taken late in the afternoon and here is what I did:

Leg Stretches
3.0 Miles - 3 x (.5m run @ 6.0mph, .25m walk @ 3.5 - 4.0mph), 3 x (0.125m run @ 8.25mph, 0.125m walk @ 3.5 mph)
Leg Stretches

I got an email from CriticalBench.com that I get every quarter with tips and the big tip was to increase natural Testosterone production is to incorporate 30 seconds of sprints into your workout which I tried today a few times near the end of the run. Although I felt like the treadmill was doing along of the work. I would put my leg down and the treadmill would whip it behind me. When you get going fast, then it seems more like the treadmill is pushing me rather than I'm really running. Hope to get down to @ 216 next Wednesday.

Definitely swimming tonight.

No comments: