Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Swimming this morning and Chest workout

This morning Cathi and I went really early to the Layton Surf n' Swim to do laps. I ended up only doing 900 yards (1/2 mile) in 100 and 50 yard increments. The pool was way overcrowded, overheated and no lanelines. We'll need to find another pool. At any rate, swimming sure clears out your lungs and it feels good.

Today my hamstrings are sore from yesterday's SLDL. Today I did some chest using blocks.
Nothing but bench:

2 Blocks: 2 sets of 8 x 225, 6 x 275
4 Blocks: 2 sets of 8 x 295, 6 x 315
6 Blocks: 2 sets of 8 x 335, 6 x 345

4 sets of 8 x 225, lower half only, real slow, slight pause at bottom and no bouncing.

Tonight I plan on doing 4 sets of pushups: 15 reps with Austin (70 pounds) sitting on my upper back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice benching, that's strong off 2 blocks. (Are blocks boards? 1.5" thick?)

Anonymous said...

You actually caught a typo (which I have since corrected). It was 6 boards, and yes I made them of 2 x 6's which are 1.5" thick. Man I wish I could do that much on 2 boards at the end of a big set like that. Good catch.