Thursday, January 19, 2006

Name that exercise

Today I felt like doing Traps:

Barbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 12 x 135, 8 x 185, 6 x 205
Behind the back Barbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 8 x 155, 2 x 8 x 135
"Reverse Dips" (Name this exercise): 4 sets of 2 x 12 x 30, 2 x 8x 40
Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 8 x 40
DB Upright Rows: 4 sets of 12 x 40

I was stretching out the traps when I felt like a good exercise would be something that is exactly opposite of doing dips. So let me explain the exercise and see if you can tell me what the proper name of it is:

Standing straight up holding dumbells at my side with palms facing in I pull them inline with my body till my elbows are behind me, holding at the top and then slowly bringing them back down. Same movement as dips except the resistance is the complete opposite.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I've never heard of this lift before, it just might be a "Gords lift"... Sounds like some kind of row to me, "standing dumbell dip rows"??

Anonymous said...

Maybe cheating Shrugs? Hey, I just barely posted this, did you get an RSS Feed notice or something?

Anonymous said...

Just happened to drop in. Haven't been able to locate a feed, if you have one it would be great!

Anonymous said...

I do those and I do not know what to call them either. I just say side shrug. Not very fancy but I hope people have some idea of what it is when I mention them.