Monday, January 23, 2006

Screwed up day

Today started out good because I came in early to work. But one of my biggest pet peeves is discovering that I'm wearing floods. I found an old pair of work pants in the storage room this weekend, and figured they were just misplaced. Well I didn't discover that they were 2" too short until I got to work, so I hid behind my desk all day working all through lunch.

Then after working 10 hours straight, Bryan asks me to play doubles with a couple of guys I've never seen before who have been at Tomax for a while. Well these guys were good and they kicked our cans. That pissed me off enough to change and lift which I didn't do during my lunch break.

Here is what I did:

Deadlifts:

10 x 225
1 x 295
1 x 345 ( I was hoping to warm up to a new PR today, but this was the last heavy set cause I barely got it up)
8 x 225
2 x 245 (My lower back at this point was gone)

Next week I'm going to video some Deadlifts and I'd like some feedback from you guys on my weakness (where does my form break down) which will hopefully reveal the muscle group I need to work on most.

Another benefit of getting the storage room organized with shelves and everything is that I get my weights back and have room downstairs to workout on days where I want to supplement without having to spend time away from the family. Tonight I'm hoping to do a little biceps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have invited the tennis guys to your basement and buried them with a deadlift session to even the score!!!

What would you say your DL style looks like, when compared to a lifter you've seen?

Anonymous said...

good plan to get feedback. looking at your squat and dead numbers relative to your bench i suspect its weak ham/glutes, but we'll see.

Anonymous said...

Having looked at your workouts, I would think that your deadlift is ailing because of form issues rather than any particular muscle group weakness. We anxiously await your video.