Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Finally under 200!

Ever since January I had a timetable of weight loss and I have actually kept with the time table and met the goal of getting under 200 this week. I did it! I weighed in at 199.0 this morning and boy was I glad to hit that milestone! I am not done though. I want to get down to 185. But this is the main goal I had at the beginning of the year.

Before:
After:


Thanks to Cathi for motivating me. I remember we were driving somewhere and she asked if I would join her. This isn't the first time she's asked me to be "good" with her. But this time I kept my eye on the prize and didn't lose focus the entire time. I had a few "bad" days, but not days where I lost control. I remember when I first hit 200 pounds. I was at Ricks College with Cathi and had been married for 5 months. It was January of 1995 and I just hit 200. Cathi and I went down to Arizona to see Joey Emig. I was so depressed during that trip. Hitting 200 was a milestone I wasn't proud of. Now I'm feeling like I'm going back in time and getting my body back. I really want to get that 185 so stay posted for even more amazing results!

This season's biggest loser was also a huge motivator for me. That's a great show when it can inspire people and cause action rather than just be a one hour form of entertainment.

The Top Five fitness tips I've used to help lose weight/get fit:


  1. Avoid the elevator, take the stairs

  2. Count your calories - If you don't count em, you don't care and anything can go in

  3. Exercise at least 2 hours per day

  4. Drink water! Its zero calories for crying out loud. It will fill you up and helps you pee.

  5. Log your efforts so you feel accountable

No comments: