Monday, August 21, 2006

Lost the drive after a couple exercises

This morning went to Brandon's where a note was left on the door saying that he stayed up all night with a sick child. I took advantage of the opportunity to go to work early.

At lunchtime I did:

SLDL: 8 x 225, 5 x 275, 3 x 285
Ham Curls: 2 x 12 x 45, 8 x 70

On SLDL: Had to do an alternating grip on the last one as my grip on the second started to wane and was lucky to get five without hurting myself. The last one was tough (mostly on the first one), but able to get all three.
Lost motivation when doing the ham curls. Very hungry and didn't have much emotional energy for lifting so I left to go have lunch and get back to work.

On Sunday I was asked to consider shaving my beard to maintain the respectable "missionary image" which goes along with a small influential position in my ward. For the longest time I had murmured when my dad told me about his workplace not allowing beards at his work and told him that I would rebel if asked to do so. The rebel in me is disappointed that I just turned over like a wet little dog. But at the same time glad that I didn't let my pride get in the way of obedience. That's all it really affected this time. It could have been worse.

No more hiding the double chin behind some facial hair. Now I have to lose more weight.

No comments: