Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Backed off doing Max - did DE Bench

Flat Bench (Legs Up) - 25 x 135, 12 x 185, 12 x 205, 12 x 225, 12 x 205 (Oops didn't get the right weight, no wonder it was easy), 12 x 225, 12 x 225
Incline Smith Press: 12 x 135, 3 x 8 x 185
DB Flys 21s: 3 x 40, 30
Pushups: 4 x 15 (Diamond, fist, fingertips, clap)

I didn't do a max, cause my shoulders and upper back are even more sore than yesterday. Brandon and Wayne tried a max, but they didn't get what they wanted. I told them Monday is the best day for attempting a max cause you automatically get 2 days off (if you take weekends off). So we are going to try maxing on Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gords,

Are you familiar with the conjugate periodization that Louie Simmons put together? His DE day is put together very different. You can check out a good article on Elite Fitness systems called 'Periodization Bible Part II'. Drop me a note if you want a briefer thumbnail sketch of their template.

WABDl is having a meet in Elko on 8/19. Is that the one you are going to?

Anonymous said...

I probably shouldn't call it DE day as I'm not following any particular template or period. I call it that because I'm going for lighter weights, but more reps with more speed. I'm sure I'm oversimplifying. No I'm not going to Elko - I'm not ready. (I know some could counter "Ready for what? You aren't going to break any records anyway!", but I really want to come away from my next meet with 405 so I want to be extremelly prepared for success there) I am aiming for something in October/November time frame. I still need to hook up with David Edgell for a bench workout. I only did one workout with him and it was back.

Problem is I've got commitments to so many people for different things its tough to be as dedicated as I'd like to.