Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wonderful ride in to work

So this is the second ride of the season. It has finally quit raining/snowing and we have some decent weather. Last night I decided I would ride in to work instead of swim. So I left at 7:25 am which is a little later than I wanted, but the wind was kind to me.

In fact there was NO wind. The flags all showed no breeze at all which is perfect. Here are the stats:

31.6 miles
1:42 time spent
18.5 mph avg speed

----------------------------------------------------------------
The ride home was a different story. It was breezy coming from the north so it wasn't as fun going home.

On the Legacy bike path in Bountiful there were a couple kids and one of them was weaving left and right from each side of the pavement. He was heading towards me. He was looking up and clearly saw me from a ways off. When we got closer to passing each other I thought his game of weaving onto my side of the path would stop, but no he kept on going and was about to hit me just as we passed. I had to get up off my aerobars and said "Watch out!". He wasn't smiling like he was trying to be a smart ass, just a goofy look like he didn't care. So just another dumb ass.

The wind got less severe as I got into Farmington. Then I started cramping up in my stomach in Kaysville so I stopped for a second at a park. I lied on my back and stretched it out real good, then resumed my ride home. I did the 31 miles in @ 1:58. My GPS ran out of batteries just as I was heading up Bluff. Not the best ride, but at least it didn't rain on me.

Total for the day: 62 miles, 3:48

No comments: