Monday, April 20, 2009

Results of Cathi's Boston Marathon - 4:10:31

Boston Marathon #16 - 4:10:31

The marathon I've been looking forward to for months now! I was so excited to have a chance to get to run this marathon. It was the 113th annual Boston Marathon. Over 26,000 people ran it. There were crowds almost the entire way. There were crowds 4 people deep some places, especially the last 4 miles or so. It was like the whole state of Massachusetts was behind us. All of the marques welcomed the runners. Tons of signs. Many of the fans handed out oranges or water. I was so impressed by the support of this great city.


My race was good. I started out pretty slow - around a 10 min mile pace! I was able to pick it up. I was about exhausted by mile 20. The Newton Hills weren't too bad. In Newton is were Heartbreak Hill begins at Mile 19. It is two fairly good sized hills that stretch from 19 to 21. Gordon joined me for the last 6 miles. He pushed me. Mom and Dad were waiting at mile 25 and that helped me alot too.

I finished around a 9 min mile pace. It feels great to pick it up near the end.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I want to jump in even before the post is done to congratulate Cathi on such an impressive finish. I checked her time on the web site and was blown away. I've heard the Boston course is pretty tough, and that's a pretty impressive time she got.

Good job, Cathi!