Monday, April 13, 2009

Long run with Cathi - 8.75 new PR

OK - when you a wimpy newbie runner like me, you're breaking PR's left and right and today was no exception. Today it was a beautiful day. I wish it would stay that way and I could ride my bike in to work, but tomorrow is forecasted to be crappy. But I took advantage of it today and worked through lunch and got off in time to get home to go on a long run with Cathi.

Here's the route she took me on. It was supposed to be 8 miles, but ended up being almost 8.75. It took me 1:22:15 to run this route. A little slower than what I wanted, but I didn't end up walking. I paced myself well and was able to pick it up going up 1000 W.

Felt good. I'm going to be sore tomorrow. My knee was giving me just a small amount of grief at about mile 7, but I kept on going and it went away.

One reason I did this run is yesterday after discussing with Cathi, I'm going to up my goal of doing a half marathon to next month! I was jumping a huge hurdle just last week saying I was going to do the Pocatello Half marathon this year. Now I'm doing two half marathons this summer. With my first full marathon planned for Ogden Marathon next year. I'm getting hooked people!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

8.75 miles in 22:15? Dang, that's fast!

Gords said...

Oops, I forgot to put an hour before that. Fixed.