Thursday, April 16, 2009

Psoas strain

Well I was right. I was going to be sore. But not in the area I thought I was. I thought my legs would be sore, but instead my Psoas Major is sore. It isn't painful as in it feels torn or anything, just stiff, like I did too many crunches or something. When I stretch the muscle it feels like it's just sore and not really injured.

My back is sore too (Lats, lower traps), but not too bad.

So because of that my goals for this week have been shot. I was planning on running 5, 7 and 9 miles on M/W/F this week. Well I ran almost 9 on Monday and that is why I'm sore. The soreness definitely does not affect my swimming so I'll be stepping that up a bit this week because even walking is a little painful. Running is out of the question this week. I may have to try another long run (10 miles) only one more time before the Memorial Day Half Marathon. If I keep doing 5-6 miles runs I'll probably avoid the soreness and get some good training in, but if I do long runs then it will probably cause me to need too much recovery time. If this doesn't heal pretty quick I may need to reanalyze my goals.

No comments: