Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Quasimodo missed the mark again!

This morning I skipped swimming since Cathi went running with Natalie. I slept in too much, was grumpy with Jacob. He made three quasadillas late last night and only ate 1/2. My biggest pet peeve is WASTE. I hate it. I can't even make ends meet and we're wasting food! Left at 8:00 for riding in to work which is way too late. I'm gonna have to stay late to make up for it and take the train home.

Wasn't able to convince the legs to really push it today either! I'm so mad. I'm gonna have to rest the legs until Saturday. I'm less sore, but still not 100% on power. I got about 18 miles or so into this morning's ride, I was heading west on Pages lane. I just crossed the railroad tracks when bam! A wasp hit me right in the face. Just above my glasses. It got stuck in my eyebrow for a split second and then that's all it took to get stung. My face burned and I had a hand on my forehead and coasted the rest of the way down pages lane. I stopped at the end of the road and realized I just had to keep going.

By the time I got to North Salt Lake I couldn't open my right eye very easily. I had to bug my eyes out to see and I could feel that my right eyebrow was touching my glasses. I knew I had swollen up pretty bad.

By the time I got to work I knew I was looking like Quasimodo. Didn't hurt much, but just swollen. Not a good ride. Stuck at lots of lights, legs were useless and my face looked like I ran into a brick wall. At least I didn't crash.

Here's the stats:
Distance: 30.7
Time: 1:47
Average speed: 17.2

Missed the mark again!
At least I look worse than Hitch did. I was wondering why in the movie he was drinking Nyquil. Cause it has antihistamine in it. Which is something I wish I had right now.

No comments: