Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Legacy Bike Trail - legal this time

I'm disappointed that I have to go nearly 15 miles before getting to the start of the Legacy bike trail up by the Davis Justice Center in Farmington. I wish it extended further into Kaysville and Layton.

This morning I took the trail as far south as I could go down to where 215 and Legacy meet. Problem is you come to a complete dead end with no sign or warning. I turned around and went back about 3/4 mile to the I-215 and Redwood junction and took Redwood Road down to 400 S and then went east in to work. Had a bit of a headwind for a while. Still faster than normal coming in to work:

Distance: 33.6 miles
Time: 1:51
Average Speed: 18.16
Max Speed: 27.6 mph

The bike home I took Beck street down to the Construction Company/Topless Dancer intersection. Turned left and went north on Warm Springs Road which turns and hooks into Redwood. Went north on Redwood just past the I-215 junction and then hooked into the Legacy Bike Trail from there. It was a good ride. Here are the stats:

Distance 31.4 miles
Time: 1:45
Average Speed: 18.12 mph
Max Speed: 30.0 mph

No comments: