Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Getting Numb

Didn't bike as planned last Saturday. We were very much pressed for time, plus it was raining and the roads were slick. Had a fun time at the cabin and being with the family.

This morning I got up an hour before the alarm went off and decided to get a head start on this morning's ride. Had a bowl of cereal and the weather guy said it was cold outside. I went out for a second to see cause it was just fine inside. Man was it freezing so I went upstairs and got on a sweatshirt and jogging pants. By the time I got Mitchell's house in South Kaysville I was getting warm so I stripped off the outer layer and hid them in the bushes by their mailbox. I will pick them up on the way home.

The rest of the way was cool, but not unpleasantly so until I got to Warm Springs Road in NSL. My hands and feet were numb. There wasn't much of a wind, but enough to really chill my fingers and toes. When the sun came up it didn't seem to make things warmer in fact it seemed colder. I'm getting nervous about next weekend's ride from Pocatello. It's gonna be cold! Here are this morning's stats:

Distance: 31.6 miles
Time: 1:45
Average Speed: 18.06 mph
Max Speed: 24.5 mph

The ride home was very pleasant temperature wise. Here are the stats:

Distance: 31.6 miles
Time: 1:45
Average Speed: 18.06 mph

63.2 miles total today. Not too shabby. Will bike to work again on Thursday. No more going two days in a row. Need to let my body recover a little. I can push it, but then my training suffers at the end of the week. Moderation dang it!

No comments: