Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fantastic ride!


Yesterday I stopped at Big 5 and got some Pepper Skins. If I'm going to ride in to work for a few more weeks I need to be prepared for some cooler weather. I'm especially worried about the early morning on the Pocatello ride. Well that purchase I made was so worth it! The temperature was perfect the whole way! It protected me when it was cold, and when the sun came up, I didn't overheat. It was well worth the price for these.

I also picked up several boxes of Chocolate Powerbars yesterday. I also took one with me this morning to try it out. I started eating one about one hour into the ride. It was tasty and I could tell it was packed with energy. Usually those powerbars are nasty! But this was good.

The ride to work was great! I had a tailwind until I got to 500 South in Bountiful. I took the Legacy Bike trail. When I got to 500 South then I started getting a headwind which progressed until it was impacting my performance. I had a 19.9 mph average built up when I got to that point, then it went down to the point to where I got down to 18.4 when I got to work. Here are the stats:

Distance: 31.6
Time: 1:43
Average Speed: 18.41 mph
Max Speed: 25.5 mph

Sure glad I took yesterday off. I feel so good! I also got some new cargo pants for storing here at work. They are 34's and guess what! They're still a little big. I could easily fit into 32 pants now. Unbelievable. I feel a little girly being so skinny now. But thanks to my years of lifting instead of actually being skinny and girly, I'm looking more "V-Shaped" according to Cathi.

No comments: