Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Early morning ride

Last night I attached the bright LED light to the front of my bike for this morning's ride. I got up at 4:50 and left at 5:15am. I rode to SDRC where I swam 4500 yards and then rode the rest of the way to work. I was amazed how comfortable it was riding in the dark. I was familiar enough with the route and the potholes to avoid plus the tailwind I was having made me get an 18.7 mph average in the dark which is great I think.

Once I left SDRC for work though there was much more traffic and the tailwind switched to a pretty good headwind. My average dipped down to 18.0 mph by the time I got to work. Here are the stats:

Distance: 33.0 miles
Time: 1:50
Average:18.0
Max Speed: 27.4 mph

Will be biking home tonight and then back in again tomorrow morning. After that I'm tapering for this Saturday's race.

No comments: