Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cathi's Top Of Utah Marathon - 3:54:30


Cathi here - We just got back from the weekend at the cabin. I ran the Top of Utah Marathon on Saturday morning. Here are my results. We went up Friday evening and stayed up at the cabin with my running friend, Tiffany Gallup and her husband Gerry. We had hoped that we could get Tiffany qualified for Boston in this race. This was my first race 6 years ago and I cried at the end. The last 4-6 miles in this race are not fun!

Gordon stayed with the kids and Gerry also helped out as they cheered for me at several points throughout the race. Jacob joined me at mile 21 and ran with me clear to the finish. My mom also cheered for me at one point at mile 20 and then at the finish. I didn't beat my last time from the Pocatello which qualified me for Boston. I walked several times the last 6 miles. If it weren't for Jacob I wouldn't have even been under 4:00. I loved getting high fives from the kids that was a pick me upper. Here is some video of the points Gordon and the kids met me.



My friend Tiffany didn't quite make it under the qualifying time for Boston, but she is hoping to make it down to St. George for one last attempt.

No comments: