Monday, March 10, 2008

New Mizuno shoes and first run with Cathi


Cathi agreed to buy me some Mizuno's (out of her weight loss winnings) if I ran with her at least once a week. I weighed in this morning when I woke up at 217.0 pounds. I knew I would have gained since I had a terrible weekend with my diet. I ran:

3.75 - 5 x (.60 mile run @ 6.5 mph, .15 mile walk @3.5mph)
0.25 - 0.125m fast run, 0.125m walk
0.10 - walk from the corner to the house

4.10 miles

Took the GPS to get my distance/speed readings. I planned on only running .5m and walking .25 but felt good so I changed it. Average moving speed was 5.8 which was faster than I thought I would go. The shoes were nice, but not overwhelmingly so. My knees were giving me trouble the whole time, but not so much that I gave up. I need to keep my knee braces and shoes together at all times. I weighed in after the run (and after a BM) and weighed 215.0. Loss of two full pounds after a run and a good BM!? I told Cathi I would run with her again on Wednesday morning and hopefully I can lose two pounds again that morning!

I plan on doing the elliptical trainer at noon today for an hour and swim this evening for an hour, so I should have plenty of calories to burn.

No comments: