Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Stepping up the bench a little

I was trying to figure out how to start to make gains in my bench so I decided to look back and pick a day where I thought I did good and to increase everything by 5 pounds. So I picked this one as well as this one. Here is what I did:

Flat Bench:
    2 blocks: 8 x 230, 6 x 280
    4 blocks: 8 x 300, 6 x 320
    6 blocks: 8 x 340, 6 x 350
    no blocks: 4 x 8 x 230 (lower half only)

Incline Bench: 12 x 140, 2 x 8 x 190, 6 x 210
Floor DB Flys: 2 x 8 x 40, 2 x 8 x 45

The Floor DB Flys were too light at 40 so I up'd the weight and did the last set in super slow motion. I felt completely satisfied with today's workout and was happy with the weight and content. One of the best in a long time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a good bench. Do you compete?

Anonymous said...

Not yet. First meet I'm working up for is on June 24th.

Anonymous said...

Is it RAW or will you compete equipped? Either way, what are your goals for the competition?

Anonymous said...

It's the Utah Summer Games (Which isn't a sanctioned meet). I'm not entirely sure whether they'll let me wear my bench shirt or not. If they do, my goal is 425. (My goal is to be at 405 in gym equipped by June 24th) Otherwise my RAW goal at that time will be 405.

Anonymous said...

with practice you should be able to get much more than 10kg out of the bench shirt.