Monday, February 13, 2006

New Bench PR (shirted of course) - 385 lbs.

Today I asked Bala and Luke to assist in spotting me for a new Bench PR. I went down 10 minutes early to load up the weight, get psyched, and do 300 once to prepare the body.

The 300 went up like it was nothing. Then I loaded up 75 more. I got the camera ready for Bala to video, and it was out of batteries! I was so mad, but I wasn't going to let that spoil my attempt, so I just made a mental note that when the weight touched my chest, it needed to stay there. I was not going to push until I had stopped it on my chest for about a second.

The 375 went up fast! I put on an additional 10 pounds and figured that would go up as well.

So I waited about 3-5 minutes and did 385 with the same pause at the bottom, there was a slight struggle just before lockout, but the weight still came up fairly quickly and it was completely legitimate. Next time I'll make sure to get completely new batteries! I'm so excited. I'm going for 395 on March 20th. But I will have to keep pushing it and making sure I work enough to be dead sore every week until then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the benching! How are you liking the shirt?
I see you have an atom feed on the site, i'll be able to keep a better eye on it now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I love the shirt. Before I had one, my shoulder would act up. Now its fine.