Monday, February 27, 2006

I fell ill

Thursday and Friday I had a stomach virus that left me much of the time feeling sore and nauseous. I took work off so today was my first time back since Wednesday.

Today I did:

Squats: 3 x 6 x 225 (Stop at the bottom)
Leg Press: 3 x 8 x @300
Romanian Deadlift: 8 x 275, 2 x 5 x 315

I was starting to lose my grip on the RDL on the last two sets on the fifth rep. Good thing I had chalk. Next week I'm moving the bars down one notch. They were just above my knee today. I need to go a tad deeper next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not good mate. Hope you're back to full strength quickly.

Never tried limiting the range of the RDLs. Does the shorter ROM hit the glutes/low back more?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if it hits them more, but it saves my back some grief and I can do more weight, next time I'll try the same weight, but go to right around knee level.