Thursday, February 09, 2006

Pumping up the Arms

1 Rep Max DB Curls: 1 x 60 (No Problem), 1 x 65 (Got it up with slight cheating on the left arm)
Concentration Curls: 8 x 40, 2 x 6 x 45
Seated DB Curls 21's: 3 x 30
Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions: 2 x 8 x 95, 8 x 105
French Press: 3 x 8 x 115
Alternating DB Curls: 3 x 8 x 45

Bala asked me a few days ago how much I could Curl. I've never tried to max on a DB Curl before. So I figured I'd try it. Unfortunately though we only have up to 65 pounds on DB, but strictly speaking, 65 probably was as much as I could do with cheating.

There is a guy who has showed up four days in a row. I've never seen anyone in the gym that consistent before. Luke is his name and hopefully I keep seeing him in there and perhaps we could work a routine or two together a week.

I am planning another PR attempt on the bench on Monday. I'm planning on 375 CLEAN! I will be shirted, but I want it to be a totally smooth and legit lift. I'm going to have Brendon be the judge.

Great lift today. I'm very pleased. Going for squats tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't think I've ever been asked about my curling ability - you've got me curious now.

Incidentally, (can't remember if I've asked you before) is there an RSS feed just for the lifting stuff? I've seen one for the main site, but that doesn't cover the workouts.

Anonymous said...

I've registered the feed on yahoo, but not sure what else to do. My xml file is at: http://www.gordongridley.us/blog/sitefeed/atom.xml

and I'm not sure what else to do to get an RSS feed working. I'm new to feeds. Is this all I need?

Anonymous said...

Yep, that works fine. Add a link to it in your sidebar, and you'll start to get a bit more traffic.