Friday, February 10, 2006

Squats: short, but sweet

Today I worked over my usual lunch break save 20 minutes so I went downstairs and did three sets of quality squat sets:

2 x 6 x 185, 6 x 205

These all were with the feet just outside shoulder width apart, I squated until my butt was just a few inches from the ground (as far as I could possibly go without falling backwards. Stopped completely at the bottom and pushed up trying to keep my back arched. I did not use a belt, or wraps. In fact I was in jeans. I was surprised at how well these went without a belt. I think I will try to do these about every other day along with whatever body part I'm doing, so they get plenty of practice instead of once a week. Its only three sets so I hardly think I could overtrain with that amount of sets. I'm hoping that I can increase the weight about 10 pounds a week. I'll keep going with the quality and going beltless. Thanks to Jon Yeo for the pointers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan. A bit of regular squatting never hurts.