Tuesday, February 14, 2006

First day of Squats this week, then shoulders

Squats: 12 x 190, 2 x 6 x 230
Seated Behind the neck Military Press: 3 x 8 x 135
Close Grip Cable Pulldowns: 3 x 8 x 160
Seated Cable Rows: 3 x 8 x 180
Romanian Deadlifts: 12 x 135, 8 x 225, 6 x 275

Man the squats were super difficult! I had tightness in the back and I didn't arch my back properly on all the sets. I am going to take the weight down a little next time and not worry about the weight, but the quality of the lift. I was supposed to do SLDL right after squats. Instead I postponed them to the end and converted them into RomanianDeads.

Still psyched about yesterday's PR.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bulgarian deads are nice. Once you get sick of those, try one-legged deads (don't support the back leg at all). Good fun.

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the Bench PR earlier this week. What exactly are bulgarian DLs?

Anonymous said...

I screwed up with the posting. I actually did Romanian deadlifts. I'll update the post. Bulgarian deadlifts are one legged deadlifts with one leg behind you with your toe on a chair. There is no way I could do Bulgarians with that amount of weight.