Saturday, June 07, 2008

Long ride

After the party we threw for the guys visiting Tomax from India, I left to ride to Mom and Dad's party at 6pm. I modified the route nicely to avoid the goofy angled railroad tracks in Woods Cross. I left at 5:09pm and got there a little at 6:40pm. It was 31.7 miles and my average speed was 19.7 mph. I really want to hit 20 mph average on a long ride. Its the slowing down part for intersections that really gets my average down.

Felt good about that ride. However near 2300 N and 2100 W I wasn't concentrating. I put my head down and swerved off the road into a small ditch on the side of the road. I was going 20 mph when I went in. I couldn't swerve back into the road, it was about 6 inches higher than the ditch so I just road threw it for about 25 feet and then was able to then swerve back in when the road and the ditch were the same height.

My heartbeat went up probably 20 bpm. I thought I was gonna wreck but I was able to stay on. Scared the crud out of me.

No comments: