Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Got bike back early

Called yesterday to see if my bike was done getting serviced and it was done one day early so I had Cathi pick it up for me and I rode in to work today after a short swim.

Here are the stats:
Distance: 25.1 Miles
Total Moving time: 1:28
Average Speed: 17.1 mph

My stupid water bottle stopper thingy that covers the humongous hole fell out several time while going over train tracks. After the third time I just left it. I'll have to figure out a new way to cover the hole without the cover falling off. I also looked down and my handlebars and aerobars were very loosely connected to the front fork and I adjusted it, but I need to borrow an allen rench today to tighten that up. It freaked me out how loose they were. Needless to say, 17.1 mph sucks. I definitely didn't really push it today. My knee is sensitive from yesterday's run and while it didn't really give me grief during the ride, I didn't want to push it. I really should be tapering, not expending alot of energy, but I haven't been on the bike in over a week thanks to it being in the shop, so I was eager.

Got antsy to ride again so I rode home rather than taking the FrontRunner. Stats:
Distance: 30.4 miles
Time: 1:47
Average speed: 17.07 mph

Carried laptop home. Made for a sore back.

No comments: