Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Old Fashioned Lifting

In the modern world we live in weightlifting has to be done in order to prevent the degeneration of the human species. 4 or 5 generations ago we didn't have massive tractors to work on the farm, and the women had 3-4 times the number of kids with part of the reason probably being to help out on the farm.

Well today I am bypassing my lifting because I'm renting a tiller and for more than two hours will be tilling and shoveling which I am sure will make me more sore than most workouts I've done. So I'll let you know which is harder, lifting weights, or working in the garden. Not that I'm really rouging it as my 3rd Greatgrandfather had to use a mule rather than a powertiller.

During lunch I played TT with Bala. Today wasn't so good. He beat me 9 games and I beat him 6 games. I've found that I get lazy and play defense, but he knows how to play really good offense against defense and it backfires. I need to play more offensive style.

No comments: