Thursday, April 13, 2006

Fleshy arms and Chest

This morning I read in the Book of Mormon a verse which lept out at me:

2 Nephi 4:34 - "...I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm."

Humility is something that typically doesn't accompany tough guys right, or is that just my own perception? That's a lesson for me to ponder and those who try to get strong should consider. How do we treat others? How big is your head? Enough of the sermon...

Today I did Chest workout patterned after Jason Paris' recent workout

Bench: 3 x 315, 4 x 295, 5 x 295, 4 x 295
Decline Bench: 20 x 225, 3 x 10 x 225
Incline Bench: 5 x 185, 6 x 175, 10 x 165, 12 x 155
Dips (bw): 15, 12, 10, 8

On the Incline Bench I originally intended to start at 225, but the first rep caused a cramp in my back and it took too much effort on the first one just to get up. I also was surprised that I lost so much steam after my first set of declines. This was indeed a tough workout and I respect Jason for the amount of weight and reps he did in his routine. That definitely was a good workout. I also did 50 crunches and 10 captains chairs between exercises (150 total crunches, 30 CC).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gord you have some good numbers yourself. I am glad you gave it a try and got a good workout out of it. I had the same lack of steam on decline too. After the first set I thought the rest were going to be a piece of cake, but as we both know things get tough.