Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Strong finish

Feeling a little more fatigue than normal. My diet has been very strict the past couple days and I've been losing good, but the problem is that it leaves very little extra energy. Takes more will to really push it. Which I did today. I started out hoping to do 6 miles, but about 2 miles into it decided to just do the 5.5.

At Mile 3 Sherry Babcock came in and used the other treadmill. Then at Mile 4, Joanna Kennedy came in and she always uses just the treadmill, so I decided to just finish mile 5, not be a treadmill hog and let her take mine. So I ran the full 5th mile straight and at a strong pace:

4.0 miles - 4 x (.85 - .90m run, .15 - .10m walk) 6.5, 6.8, 7.0, 7.2 @ 2.0% grade
1.0 miles - 1 mile run @ 7.5 mph

5.0 miles @ 46:28

Stretched out good before and after. Felt great! Would like to get up to six soon. Tonight I'll be watching Survivor at work downstairs and I'll be on the treadmill again. Not sure if I'll be running though. If I do, I'll make another post.

No comments: