Saturday, March 21, 2009

Run to the Club and table tennis play this evening

At 1:30pm I ran over to the club to meet a welder to fix all the tables. I met George there and the welder guy was way late. After he got all of them welded I ran back to work.

Then a couple hours later picked up Austin at the Central station and went over to the club. I played Lailing Ma and took a game off him and the others were fairly close. That's the first time I've beaten him in a game. I also lost to Yihlin Chan 3, but won two. They were all close games too and were fun. The other players I ended up hitting with were smashes where I would win 3 out of 3 or 3 out of 4. That included Carlos which usually goes pretty close. I felt great. I was getting weak, hot and tired, but I snapped in my head that I wasn't going to get lazy and I flipped a switch in my head and started running for the ball, being light on my feet and playing more aggressively. My game improved dramatically. I felt a little energized like my favorite wild animal, the Honey Badger.

No comments: