Monday, February 16, 2009

Bad day for hitting people

This morning I woke up really tired at 5:30am. Went over to Surf N' Swim and played two singles matches with Blair. Went 1-1. Then played Cutthroat with Shawn. I think I won one game, but can't remember for sure. I hit Shawn once and Blair once with the ball. Blair had to work today (so do I) and took off and I had time for one more with Shawn.

He served and it came around my left and I had to swing around in a desperation to get it. I flicked it pretty good and it hit Shawn right in the face as he was looking back. It knocked his glasses off. It was a pretty hard hit. His boys were there and he said "See, that is why we wear glasses on court". I could see it was red where the ball hit him. I felt bad and apologized. Today wasn't a good day for playing very well, or for not hitting people. I guess it's my turn next time to get pegged a few times. I deserve it.

No comments: