Thursday, October 30, 2008

Stopped at Bike Wagon's warehouse

Yesterday morning I emailed Dale Majors. He's my friend from my ward growing up that plays at the club on Fridays. He started a business many years ago called bikewagon.com. I emailed him asking about some winter shoes for riding in. He said I should try some windproof covers for the shoes I have. I stopped by his warehouse on the way home at 2100 N. Redwood Road in SLC and I was surprised how big his business really is. He gave me a good price on the shoe covers as well as some gloves.

The ride home the rest of the way was good:

Distance: 31.2 miles
Time: 1:38
Avg Speed: 19.1 mph

I tried the gloves and shoe covers this morning and the shoe covers were good, but the gloves were not. By the time I was 4 miles into the ride my hands were already freezing. I even put my thick leather biking gloves over the top and still froze. I ended up stopping at the Farmington station and taking Frontrunner the rest of the way. My hands were so cold. Guess I'll have to stick with my goretex winter gloves. They're thick and air proof.

So today's ride was much less than I wanted. Plus I can't remember exactly what I did, but I hit the inside of butt against the top of the frame and have a sore bum. I'm behind on hours this week cause of the riding in to work, so I'm going to have to take the FrontRunner home and bike from the Layton station. With Halloween tomorrow, I can't rely on Friday being a makeup day on hours. Need to get home at a decent time so the kids can have plenty of time trick or treating.

Stats:
Distance 13.7 miles
Time: 51:12
Avg Speed: 15.67 mph

Took frontrunner to Layton and then booked it home:

Distance: 6.1 Miles
Time: 16:55
Avg Speed: 21.64 mph

No comments: