Monday, October 27, 2008

New 5000 M Rowing PR - 19:51.5

Feeling the need to push it again on exercise and diet, at lunch today I did 5000 M rowing in 19:51.5.

That's a new PR. I watched this video a couple weeks back and figured the biggest "no-no" I'm guilty of is the recover/catch phase by coming too far to my feet and put a strain on my knees, so I tried to focus on only bending my knees to just less than 90 degrees, but I still had several moments where I forgot and over did my recovery so that my butt would hit my heels. Trying to do better on form and slow down and put more power into each stroke.

Then I did 5 minutes of abs then some arms:

Seated Preacher Curls: 4 x 12 @ 75 (After the sets, hold 90 degrees for 10 seconds, do another rep, then hold at 90 for 10 more seconds, one more rep, then done)

Skull Crushers: 4 x 12 @ 75
superset with
Close Grip Tricep Presses (fast): 4 x 12 @ 75

Good workout.

No comments: