Thursday, October 23, 2008

Miscommunication

My GPS was out of batteries at the start so I stopped at a Maverick a couple blocks from work to get some new batteries. A very nicely dressed Hispanic woman came up to me and here's how the conversation went:

Hispanic Woman: "Green house?"
Gords: "Green house? OK?"
HW: "Yes, Green house" (looking around)
Gords: "You're looking for a green house?"
HW: "Uh, Bath? Find Bath."
Gords(Confused): "Your looking for some plants, or a green house to take a shower?"
HW(Frustrated): "No, Bath! B - U - S
Gords: "Oh! Bus! Your looking for a bus?"
HW (Still annoyed): "Yes! Bath!"
Gords (thinking frantically what a Bus and a green house have in common, then a couple electons crashed into each other in my brain and sparked a possible connection): "You mean Grey Hound? Not Green House right?"
HW(new look of hope on her face): "Yes!"
Gords: "The Greenhouse (Greyhound) station is down four blocks (Holding up four fingers and pointing south), then West 4 blocks. The address is 200 S. and 650 W."

She then gets in her truck and drives off. I had to laugh how that conversation went. I'm a bit of a bonehead.

My bike stats:

Distance: 30.6 miles
Time: 1:40
Average Speed:18.36

No comments: