Thursday, October 23, 2008

Freezing!

This morning I put on many layers of clothing as well as two pairs of socks. I wore my winter gloves instead of my bike gloves, I also wore my Survivor buff around my nose mouth and ears.

Everything was perfect except my feet were still freezing. I think it's cause they have holes in the bottom (for when you need water to drip out after getting out of the open water in a triathlon, even though my feet are totally dry by the time I start my bike) and air vents in the toe for allowing air.

I'm gonna stop at bikers edge and get a new pair of shoes for the winter so I can have no air flow going around my feet. That should do the trick! I had no wind at all until Centerville and then had to deal with a 5-10 mph headwind which really slowed me down. I had ice on my GPS and around the opening of my water bottle. Next time I should put some heavy cream, some fruit and sugar in my water bottle and have a tasty treat when I get in to the office.

Distance: 30.6 miles
Time: 1:50
Avg Speed: 16.7 mph

No comments: