Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Long bike ride this morning

Left the house at 6:40 am to bike to work. Still need to figure out how to work the computer. Only can clearly understand the current speed and cadence. Need to know how to reset the tripometer and read average speed, etc..

Realized halfway there that I left my lock and cable at home. So I stopped at Mom's in Rose Park to see if she had one. She didn't so I borrowed her car (so I wouldn't have to leave my bike in front of the store) and went to Smiths real quick to get one. Then I rode the rest of the way to work. Its about 33 miles and I did it in 2 hours not counting the stop at Mom's.

That's about 17 mph average which is not good. I didn't have much wind or hills to deal with. Would like to get my average over 20 mph sometime soon. I plan on taking the Frontrunner back home tonight.

No comments: